Something You May Want To Know?

Post 121: Updated - SIA Medical Check Up

PS: This blog will be a little TMI, so if you feel disgusted or annoyed, you may skip this blog :)

This is an updated blog about my SIA Medical Check Up. I was praying so hard, worried and excited at the same time for my Medical Check Up. 

As I've mentioned in my SIA Cabin Crew Interview, I will be doing my Medical Check Up on the 1st November 2016 (Tuesday). Unfortunately, 'time of the month' is here:( not exactly on Tuesday. It came on Saturday. I kept on thinking for few days before my medical check up, was worried whether does it affect my medical check up? Should I extend to the following week? Should I call the clinic? I have no idea what to do.

On monday, I asked my mom about it. She said "Oh, yes, it does affect." 
I'm like "ok.. can you call the clinic for me?" 
I wasn't convenient to call the clinic because I was in the office. So mom help to call for me.

The clinic told my mom that is better to extend my Medical Check Up till next monday (07 November 2016) instead. My mom told me to email them regarding this issue.
I wanted to call Singapore Ariline Malaysia office but the nurse advice to send them an email instead.
Thus, I emailed them on Monday but no reply. The next day, no reply again. I send another email again. 
Unfortunately, no reply still:( 

I'm getting worried and ask my SIA mate about it. So thankful that she shared with me, her SIL was a formal SIA Cabin Crew, she actually went for the Medical Check Up with her PMS and she passed her Medical Check Up.

Usually my PMS very very light on the 5th day so should be fine. 

I'm like OK, know what? Just go on Thursday (03 November 2016) instead of waiting and waiting for their reply.
I took leave and went for the Medical Check Up. 


Thursday (03 November 2016)

My mom and I decided to take Uber to KL clinic instead. As you know, during the weekdays is super duper jam and it was raining early in the morning. The uber driver pick us at sharp 8am. It was already jam outside my house =='
We jammed for like an hour. We reached Capital Square about 930am.

1. Fill up Application Forms

2. Urine test

3. Blood test

4. X-ray

5. Height & Weight check

6. Eye test

7. Ear check

8. Breast check 

That's all! :) 

I finished everything at 1050am. Its quite fast actually.


My Medical Check Up went quite well. So now wait for phone call:)


Monday (7 November 2016)

At 330pm, I received a phone call from a number 03-5612 xxxx
She said that the doctor need to see me.
I was in shocked. I'm thinking and thinking, I thought my spine, urine, eyes ad etc was fine, why doctor need to see me.
I asked the nurse, "by when do I need to see the doctor? do you know why I need to go back to the clinic again?"
the nurse said, "as soon as possible. I'm not really sure why."
I said, "ok, I will be there on Friday (11 November 2017) in the morning."


Tuesday (8 November 2017)

I reached there at sharp 830am
I went up to look for the doctor.
The doctor said that there is a thickening in my lung.
I asked her, "thickening?"
Doctor said, "yes, most probably is an old scar."
I said, "okkkkk, does it affect my job?"
she said, "not really, I will assign you to a hospital for a further advice from the doctor. Do you prefer government or private hospital? Private will be faster, government will be slower."
I said, "private hospital."
she asked, "which hospital?"
I said, "SJMC."

She wrote me a handwritten letter to Dr. R

I quickly called the hospital to make an appointment. I wanted to see the doctor during the weekends due to I couldn't apply anymore leave. Unfortunately, the doctor won't be around so I have no choice, I need to go on Friday at 4pm.


Friday (11 November 2017)

It was a rainy day. I'm so worried I will stuck in the jam, guess what, traffic was smooth. I reached there at 415pm.
I was 15 minutes late but thank god, it wasn't my turn yet. (phew)

When it was my turn, the doctor went through my past report and ask me a few questions.

I totally forget that I did admit to hospital 12 years ago due too my lung infection so that is how the scar came from. Doctor checked my blood pressure and my lung. Everything is good.

So he handwritten a letter for me.
(By the way, the additional cost we will need to bare ourselves)

Mine was cost RM 250. (No medication needed)

The letter he wrote was so important to SIA.
Not gonna go so detail on my letter. What I can said is, hopefully my scar will not affect my SIA cabin crew job.

I need to send the report back to the clinic but I don't have to send it personally. He will help instead.


Monday (14 November 2016)

He send the report back to the clinic. In the afternoon, around 2 something, I received a call again from the same number 03-5612 xxxx

They said, "the doctor need to see me again."
I'm like, omg!

Luckily I'm at KL having lunch and need to go site a while. So around 4pm, I fly all the way to the clinic to see the doctor again

This time the doctor said, "she needs all necessary report (photocopy) from the hospital because Singapore Immigration is very particular."
I said, "ok, but I can't do it personally. My mom will do it for me. I couldn't take anymore leave."
She said, "ok."
I told the doctor I need an authorise letter from her to the hospital to get those medical report.
She gave me a letter.


Tuesday (15 November 2016)

My mom was in the hospital early in the morning to get things done for me. (so thankful to have my mom around <3)

After my mom get whatever documents the clinic needed, mom went to pass them all the documents at the clinic. I told my mom to ask the doctor whether all reports she needed is in the envelope. Unfortunately, the doctor who sees me wasn't around so the other doctor will take over my case. So far till today, I have not receive any call from the clinic, so I think all documents are in there.

Now I will need to wait for my golden call.

Wish me luck



take care
& see you soon
xoxo

Comments

  1. Hi Kelly! May I ask if X-ray is for both chest and back or just chest? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did u rececive your golden call after that?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 119: SIA Cabin Crew @ Renaissance Hotel, Kuala Lumpur_Part 1

Post 123: UPDATED - Golden Call from SIA