Something You May Want To Know?

Post 137: Birthday Staycation in Singapore (Hotel & Cafe/Restaurant Review)

PS: This is not a sponsored blog

Hello everyone, welcome to KellytheJelly Blog 😃

Since I've get back on track with my blog and with my upcoming staycation in Singapore, so why not... I share with my readers what I've been up to on my birthday weekends.  

I've seen a lot of my friends did a staycation in Singapore so I was thinking...... why not..... I plan a birthday staycation too 😆😉 My fiancé booked M Social Boutique Hotel is under the same group as Millennium Hotels and Resorts. They have total of 5 types of Rooms (Alcove Cosy Room, Alcove Terrace Room, Loft Gallery Room, Loft Premier Room & Loft Terrace Room), Beast & Butterflies, Gallery and Wall of Fame. (Details will be provided by end of this post 😄)

PS: Some photos in this blog are from their website 👍

 Let's get started 😊

28 August 2020 (Friday)

HOTEL: M SOCIAL @ ROBERTSON QUAY

Very nice wall graffiti outside the hotel entrance. 


Staycation of course take grab la.. hahahah take what bus/train right? Must legit feel like 'travelling' ma     😂😂
*imagine, I just came back from London, decided to drop by Singapore for 2 nights before I head back home 😂😁

As usual, you have to check in using your Singpass apps, scan QR code to fill up declaration form, check temperature before entering the premises. 


When you enter the hotel lobby (on the right), would be their gallery. 


(Left) Check-in Counters


Love those tiles 😍


When we were in the lift, you'll see the 'wall of art' goes all the way 


Along the corridor, you'll see either one of their Terrace Rooms which look something like that 
↓↓↓↓↓↓


↑ Photo by: Millennium Hotels & Resorts ↑


↑ Photo by: Millennium Hotels & Resorts ↑


Check-in time at 2pm yet we managed to check-in one hour earlier 🙌 
BEST! Because we both haven makan, super hungry 😬

Finally inside the room. Snap some photos and head out to makan 😀
We booked Alcove Cosy Room for two nights.


↑ Photo by: Millennium Hotels & Resorts ↑








Done with photos. Time for Lunch! 😋😋


LUNCH: CMCR @ MARTIN ROAD 




Outdoor Seatings if you love the hot and humid weather in Singapore 😛😜😝










I've ate at this cafe for 3 times, twice was at Common Man Stan.
This round was at CMCR Singapore

We waited for less than 10 minutes.. not a long wait. Thank God 🙏


⭐⭐⭐

PB&J Smoothies - $ 10
Peanut Butter, banana, berries, honey & oat milk


Iced Black - $ 6.5


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Classic Croissant - (Not sure how much, sorry)

Love their croissant, always so crispy from the inside out 😋


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Herbed Fries - $ 10
French fries tossed with paprika, crispy rosemary & thyme



⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Sautéed Kale & Egg White Scramble - $ 23
Asparagus, sweet pea, broccoli, topped with shaved parmesan & lemon zest crumbs

↑↑ Been here for 3 times, I ordered for 3 times 😋😊 ↑↑


↑ Photo by: Common Man Roasters Facebook 

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Common Man Full Breakfast - $ 28
Two-range organic eggs in any style, bacon, pork sausage, herbed roma tomato, vegetable rosti, portobello mushroom, house-made chorizo baked beans with artisanal sourdough or wholemeal toast 


DINNER: NOX DINE IN THE DARK 


This year birthday was a little different. No Italian nor Western cuisine. He booked NOX Dine in the Dark. I've heard about it but never ever thought of giving it a try. Since he made an effort even with his busy schedule so why not? One night before our staycation, I was curious and didn't know what to expect on the actual day so I googled it. So how is it like to be dining in the dark? 

STAY TUNED for another blog on my experience with them. HAH 😛😜😝


Good Night! 😴😴



29 August 2020 (Saturday)


↑ Photo by: Red House Seafood 


If you are going there for their dim sum buffet, only two outlets Grand Copthorne Waterfront & Prinsep Street so make sure you check your booking location 😀


↑ Photo by: Red House Seafood 









⭐⭐⭐

Century Egg & Sliced Pork Congee 

↑ Any Dim Sum I go even back in Malaysia, I will always order their congee ↑↑


⭐.5

Pan-Fried Cai-Po Carrot Cake 

↑↑ Didn't eat any Cai-Po thou ↑↑



Egg Tarts (3 pieces)

↑↑ hmm okok ↑↑


⭐⭐

Shrimp Cheong Fun

↑↑ hmm okok too ↑↑



⭐⭐.5

Lotus Leaf Glutinous Rice 

↑↑ This is good either ↑↑


⭐⭐⭐

Beancurd Skin with Prawn

↑↑ Crispy and good ↑↑



Char Siew Pau (2 pieces)

 ↑↑ I don't eat Char Siew Pau 😬 ↑↑


⭐⭐⭐⭐

Custard Buns (2 pieces)

↑↑ Always love custard buns 😍 ↑↑


⭐⭐⭐

Crispy Prawn with Mango Dressing 

↑↑ Very crispy ↑↑


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Deep-Fried Mantou with Condensed Milk Dipping (4 pieces)

↑↑ Always love this ↑↑ 


⭐⭐

Stir-Fried Bee Hoon with Shredded Chicken & Salted Fish 

↑↑ Can only see Bee Hoon more than chicken and salted fish....hmmm not much of the taste. ↑↑


Prawn Dumpling 

↑↑ I didn't eat this. Was quite full ↑↑


Siew Mai

↑↑ I don't eat this either 😂 ↑↑


So the staff told us to scan the QR code to get free dessert so why not 😉😉


⭐⭐⭐⭐

Sago Mango Dessert (I think so 😁)

↑↑ Slightly sweet yet good ↑↑


Since we have two Welcome Drinks, we decided to drop by their restaurant for a drink and chill before our massage at 5pm 

TEA BREAK: 








Homemade Lemonade 

↑↑ It was way toooo sweet for me so I get their staff to add some water/soda water. It taste so much better after adding soda water. ↑↑


MASSAGE: NATURELAND @ ORCHARD 


We booked an hour of Full Body Massage. Not flying means no massage in overseas. And can't fly back to KL till end of this year soooooo decided to do in SG. 


After a good massage, bought Yomie Oats Yogurt drinks while walking around and waiting for our queue (2.5 hours) at Beauty in the Pot. We did not make any reservation because it was so last minute.


2.5 hours later, FINALLYYYY, makan time 😋😋



30 August 2020 (Sunday) Check-out day 

BRUNCH: TOBY'S ESTATE 







⭐.5

Surf & Turf Tower - $ 21.5
Smoked salmon tower & its land sibling stewed beef, scrambled eggs, hollandaise on brioche

Love this. Simple and healthy 😋😋


⭐.5

Brekkie of Champions 
Eggs any style, maple bacon, vine tomatoes, roast mushrooms, baked beans, sidecar sausage and brioche toast


Long Black & Chai Latte (Oat milk) 



Overall, I was very happy with my birthday weekends especially spending it with my love ones, simple and relaxing. Hotel was great. Oh yes, they won't be able to do housekeeping due to the covid-19, less contact with guests. Of course, if you need anything, feel free to give them a call. They will be happy to assists you 😌😊 Staffs are welcoming and friendly. Service was good. Room and bathroom was clean and dry too. At Beast & Butterflies, we only had a drink. For their food, I kind of peek what others are eating, looks quite good. I will try it next round 
👍👍👍

I love both cafes I visited because it feels so healthy eating there. I would recommend it. Friendly staffs, service good and applies to the social distancing measure. 
👍👍👍

For the Dim Sum, I found this dim sum buffet from 'Xiao Hong Shu' is a Chinese apps, similar like Pinterest but in Chinese version. My Chinese wasn't as good but I quite love the apps because you can find lots of things in there. Cafes near by, beauty product, healthy recipe for cooking and baking, much morreeee. Also, a lot of cafes in Singapore that I don't even know it actually exist 😂😂 
For their Dim Sum, if you let me choose, I would eat in KL instead because KL dim sum have lots of selections (if you are a Malaysian or has been to Malaysia, you know what I meant).  I'm not a dim sum person because not all dim sum dishes I eat. Sometimes I do crave for it (once in a while la) Like now, I can't go back to KL so I just eat in Singapore. IF I had a choice, KL dims still the best 😌😁😉

The massage I went, was quite shiok. But then again, if you let me choose, I would rather do in KL 😆

Beauty in the Pot is my ALL TIME FAVORITE. 👍👍👍

Yomie is my favourite too. I will always drink either the Yomie Oats Yogurt OR Yomie Purple Rice Yogurt 👍👍👍😉😉

Lastly, NOX Dine in the Dark, I'll do a separate review heh 😝

That was how I spend my birthday weekends with my fiancé. I hope my readers would enjoy it. If you don't, I'm sorry 😥

_______________________________________________________________________________________

For you 😁 ↴↴

M Social Boutique Hotel

Common Man Coffee Roasters

Red House Seafood Restaurant 

Yomie's Rice x Yogurt 
I bought mine at The Centrepoint, Orchard 
#B1-K1 The Centrepoint, 176 Orchard Road, 238843

Natureland
Branch I went at Orchard Point 
160, Orchard Road #B1-12/13, Orchard Point, S238842

Beauty in the Pot
Branch I went at The Centrepoint
176 Orchard Road, The Centrepoint #05-16 Singapore, 238843

Toby's Estate


See you all on my next blog. Do check out my previous blog if you've missed out 😊






xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post 121: Updated - SIA Medical Check Up

Post 119: SIA Cabin Crew @ Renaissance Hotel, Kuala Lumpur_Part 1

Post 123: UPDATED - Golden Call from SIA