Something You May Want To Know?

Post 138: NOX - Dine in the Dark



 Hello, its me again! As promised, I'll do another post on Dine in the Dark experience with NOX Singapore. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NOX is the most unique dining experience in Singapore, an intriguing new world of mystery and sensation you have never experienced before. Seated in a pitch black dining experience along with an exquisite mystery tasting menu of their 12 beautiful dishes by using our 4 senses, taste, smell, touch and sound. These dishes are crafted from the finest ingredients by our Chef de Cuisine and his team. 
Their well-trained blind and visually impaired hosts who have been specially trained to offer guidance and reassurance to sighted guests will be taking care of you throughout your dinner. 
NOX - Dine in the Dark to more than just a dining experience, its a unique mind-altering sensory experience. 


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________




↑↑ There was a counter where you walk-in from the main entrance door ↑↑
When you walk-in, on your left, would be a door (up to the dining area), and lockers for our belongings. 
You'll be wondering, why is there lockers for us? 🤔
I'll explained in a while 😊



↑↑ On your right, would be the bar area a.k.a waiting area ↑↑


↑↑ While we were waiting for the staff to explain what to expect during our dinner later, we ordered something to drink ↑↑

Guys, my fiancé and I were soooooooo damn nervous yet excited about this whole new level of dining experience 😂 We were like, 'shall we just drink and go back hotel? There are lots of food nearby the hotel' 😂😂 even before the night, we were saying, should we look for another restaurant instead? hahaaahhaha 😂😂
I was asking my fiancé, there won't be any scary creature to come scare us while we eating right ? 😂😂😅😅


↑ LEFT: Ignite My Passion $ 20 - Rum, Molasses, Passion Fruit, Lemon, Allspice Liqueur, Simple Syrup, Overproof Rum 
RIGHT: Raspberry's Dance $ 20 - Vodka, Peach Liqueur, Egg White, Lemon, Simple Syrup, Raspberries

15 minutes later, one of the staff came to us. He told us what to expect during our dining later.


➤ Pitch black, total darkness upstairs
➤ hosts/hostesses are visually impaired
➤ lockers to keep your bag, no phones allowed, anything with lights need to be kept in the locker
➤ 3 courses, 12 dishes to be served
➤ need any assistance, call out their names
➤ ↓ food will be place in front of us, eat the first dish (no.6) right in front us, then follow by clockwise motion ↓
↓↓↓↓


After with his explanation, informed them once we are ready, they will get the hosts to come get us. 😁

There were another couple with us as well so we introduced ourselves to our host, Liew (hope I'm not wrong  with the spelling and name of his) We have to hold on to each others' shoulders while we are going up the stairs. 

Hosts ⟶ my fiancé ⟶ me ⟶ a couple 

Is like a chu chu train, holding on to each others shoulders 😃😃

Our table was just next to the entrance, so a hostess take over Liew, she asked for my hand, to feel the chair and I sat down then my fiancé. Behind me was a wall. 
↓↓ Just like the layout plan I've drawn 😉 ↓↓


We ordered two types of wine to go with our main course. Liew served the first red wine to us and ask for our hand to feel our cutlery, water glass and wine glass. 

We waited for our appetiser for quite long then Liew was nice enough to came apologising 😌

↓ I tried not to be a spoiler here hahah I tried to remember what I ate on that day so these was a layout for you, how they present their 12 dishes on a 'sizzling pan' (is not hot) with 4 small square bowls. Oh yes, for the desserts, they uses round bowls 😁 ↓




During our dinner, we both did chit chat a lot. We were like thinking how big is this place? how many tables? Oh yes, when the hosts walking around, they will make 'hiss' sounds as a signal to one another.
and I think behind my fiancé, they may have a table for them to put trays of dirty dishes? hah I think so 🤔

After we've done with our 3 courses, we donned our face mask, and Liew lead us back downstairs again. 


You'll be served chocolate to end the night anddddd......
with ↓ questions to answer ↓



Once we were done with these questions, the staff will show us what exactly we were eating. We get some right, some wrong. I'm not gonna tell you, you will need to find out yourself 😜😝

Service: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Food: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Environment: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Price: ⭐⭐⭐⭐


It was such a great experience on my birthday. Myself wore a pair of specs (with high degree) since I was in primary school and started wearing contact lens during high school. You know, even schooling or tuitions also want to be pretty 😂 
I've been wearing specs and contact lens till this year I decided to do TransPRK. God! It was life changing guys. Never regret doing it for sure. No contact lens, no dry eyes, no specs. 😍

When I first went into a pitch black environment, I was thinking, is this how blind and visually impaired eyes are? From that moment, I tell myself, I have to appreciate and take good care of eyes. Even with their eyes like that, I felt that they are enjoying every moment in life and do what they love to make customer happy. We never really speak to them, however, I can feel how much passion and positive they have even they are blind and visually impaired. I SALUTE THEM 😍

OH YES, CHEERS to Liew for providing such a good service throughout our dinner. Thank you Liew and Really appreciate your hard work! 🍻😗

That's all from me. See you in another blog😁
 

xoxo


Info you may want to know  ⃕

Nox - Dine in the Dark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post 121: Updated - SIA Medical Check Up

Post 119: SIA Cabin Crew @ Renaissance Hotel, Kuala Lumpur_Part 1

Post 123: UPDATED - Golden Call from SIA